Entrants must be or have been enrolled in at least one class at either UNM or CNM from August 1 through December 31. An unofficial transcript from UNM or CNM will be required upon submission of your app.
Mobile Application Requirements
An eligible submission is defined as follows: “a mobile application that functions (i.e. loads or installs and runs on a mobile device), and is submitted by the deadline of January 5, 2018”.
- Functionality and features
- Use of open or sourced data feeds
- Originality and coherence (overall experience of application)
- Technical quality (application load, error-free, code stability)
- Professionalism (communication, demo day presentation, using your own graphics, words, and icons)
- Marketability of app
Submissions will be collected with the entrant sharing access to a cloud storage system (OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc…) that contains the following:
- Text document with the application title, contact information, description of the app, short bio on the developer(s)/team.
- Screen shots of application running on a device
- Source code, distribution binary or link to web site or app store download
- A READ ME file with Installation instructions, test accounts and other info
- Recorded demonstration of the app in use
For complete details please see the Contest Submission Process page.
Judging & Winners
After submitting your app, you will be contacted to schedule a demo day session, where you will give a short pitch for your app and ideas to judges. NOTE: you will have 6 minutes ONLY for presentation, and 6 minutes ONLY for Q&A by the judges. You will be TIMED!!!! There will be a timer in the front row so that you can see how much time you have remaining for these two activities. You will NOT be allowed to exceed the allotted time. You will not be allowed to continue presenting during your Q&A allotment of time. Judges will score based on the above parameters and then deliberate for final scoring. All Demo Day participants will be required to attend the Awards Ceremony, which follows the last presentation at Demo Day at approximately 4:00 pm. Participants may invite family members and friends to the Awards Ceremony. There is no limit to the number of guests a participant may invite to the Awards Ceremony.
Intellectual Property and Ownership
We intend that the intellectual and commercial property right remain with the entrants and winners. However, we ask to have rights to use images, names and screen shots for marketing and promotional purposes.
If you have questions or technical challenges. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email and your question can be answered, clarified or forwarded to a subject matter expert for follow up.