Contest Submission Process
Prepare for Submission
The submission process will require inviting email@example.com to your cloud hosted storage (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.) with the submission documents. To help the collection process go faster, please .zip your documents and code.
Final Submissions Require
- Read Me text file (if developing a responsive web app- include a link to a working instance, for binaries- include installation guide, demo accounts if a log in is necessary, primary contact and team information, other supporting information)
- Source code for native or hybrid mobile app (Android, iOS, etc.); we do not need source code for responsive web apps
- 2-3 Screen shots
- A recorded demonstration of your application in use. NOTE: Please make sure the pace of the recording is appropriate for an audience unfamiliar with your app! In other words, go slowly enough so that judges can evaluate all of the functionality you are demonstrating. We can help you with this if you ask! Here are some useful links to instructions for recording on various platforms. (please see the section: Methods of Screen Recording Your Mobile App)
- Unofficial transcript for each team member
- The submission deadline will be MIDNIGHT of Friday, January 5, 2018
We will pick up to 10 finalists out of the submissions entered. There are currently many teams interested in competing. The first cut will be made on technical and utility grounds (e.g., we can build/use your mobile app on our devices, the app has useful and apparent functionality, the battery doesn't immediately drop from 100% to 3% charge, etc.).
The finalists will be notified by January 10th with an invitation to select a general Demo Day session time slot for Jan 19th from 1 PM until 4 PM (in 15 minute blocks). Teams not selected as finalists will be notified that day as well.
On Demo Day, you will present your app to the judges in a 6-minute session, with a possible 6 minute Q&A session. Your team is required to attend Demo Day in person, unless you attend a branch campus or are a distance learner living outside of Albuquerque, or have prior approval from event staff. Please contact us if there are extenuating circumstances.
You are required to create a pre-recorded demo of your app in use. During your demo, please narrate this pre-recorded video.
Allot 1-2 Minutes:
- Introduce your app its functionality, and problem space it addresses
- Describe your app's technology
Allot Remaining Time:
- Narrate your pre-recorded demo of the app in use (this should be the main focus of your presentation, and where you spend most of your allotted presentation minutes!)
We recommend you practice your demo with a faculty, mentor, colleagues, or family member(s) who can provide feedback. In addition, PLEASE NOTE: your team WILL BE REQUIRED to attend one mandatory practice session with the Mobile Apps team prior to Demo Day. This practice session will be scheduled when we contact you to schedule your Demo Day time slot. Practice sessions take place between January 11, 2018 and January 18, 2018 in the UNM IT Building 153.
Winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony immediately following the last demo (with a few minutes to finalize the judging) on January 19, 2018, at approximately 4:00 pm in the SUB Theater.
If you have questions or technical challenges. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email and your question can be answered, clarified or forwarded to a subject matter expert for follow up.