UNM & CNM's Mobile App Contest
Coming Fall 2018
The Office of the Chief Information Officer at the University of New Mexico (UNM) is sponsoring its sixth-annual Mobile App Contest, providing an opportunity for students from UNM and Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) to develop and apply coding skills to make useful mobile applications for the community.
The contest will also provide motivated students support to commercialize any market worthy apps that result.
General Contest Overview
- Sign Up to participate and receive updates and access to the Confirmation Registration.
- Develop your idea, form a team, plan coding time, enlist testers, consult mentors.
- Complete your Confirmation Registration to officially enter the contest and tell us about your team and app.
- Code, test, review, plan, repeat.
- Check In, periodic question/answer, mentoring.
- Prepare for submission: Introduction document, source code, compiled binary or hosted web site, demo day presentation.
- Submit final project by sharing a cloud based folder.
- Demo your app; give your pitch.
- Attend the awards ceremony and celebrate, network and get inspired for the next sprint!
UNM and CNM faculty and staff will provide support to these coding efforts through workshops and mentors. UNM and the City have invested in open data sets which are available to enrich the coding experience and make the apps more useful to users. Data sets available include UNM events, class schedule data, campus locations, Route 66 images, bike paths, list of local businesses, and more.
Through this effort, UNM and CNM hope to inspire students to develop coding skills which are increasingly valuable in our information economy, and to yield apps that can improve the experience of our students.