Contest Submission Process
Prepare for Submission
Participants will be required to invite email@example.com to your code repository (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket, etc) before the final submission of their app.
Final Submissions Require
- A README text document with the application title, contact information, description of the app, test accounts or other access information, short bio on the developer(s)/team, other supporting information.
- 3 screen shots of the application running on a device.
- Recorded demonstration of the app that will be used for your presentation day presentation NOTE: Please make sure the pace of the recording is appropriate for an audience unfamiliar with your app! In other words, go slowly enough so that judges can evaluate all of the functionality you are demonstrating. We can help you with this if you ask! There are some useful links to for recording on various platforms on the Resources link: Helpful Information: Methods of Screen Recording Your Mobile App.
- Unofficial transcript for each team member due no later than the mandatory practice session
- The submission deadline will be 11:59PM of Sunday, January 5, 2020.
If your application does not have source code available to you, talk to us about your project and we will work with you on the submission process.
We will pick up to 10 finalists out of the submissions entered. There are currently many teams interested in competing. The first cut will be made on technical and utility grounds (e.g., we can build/use your mobile app on our devices, the app has useful and apparent functionality, the battery doesn't immediately drop from 100% to 3% charge, etc.).
The finalists will be notified by January 10, 2020 with an invitation to select a general Presentation Day session time slot for January 24, 2020 from 1PM — 4PM (in 15 minute blocks). Teams not selected as finalists will be notified that day as well.
Mandatory Practice Sessions
The ten finalists will be required to attend a 45-minute practice session with the IT team prior to Presentation Day. Your practice session will be scheduled when we contact you for your Presentation Day session.
On Presentation Day, you will present your app to the judges in an 8-minute session, with a possible 4-minute Q&A session. Your team is required to attend Presentation Day in person, unless you attend a branch campus or are a distance learner living outside of Albuquerque, or have prior approval from event staff. Please contact us if there are extenuating circumstances.
You are required to create a pre-recorded demo of your app in use. During your demo, please narrate this pre-recorded video.
Allot 1-2 Minutes:
- Introduce your app its functionality, and problem space it addresses
- Describe your app's technology
Allot Remaining Time:
- Narrate your pre-recorded demo of the app in use (this should be the main focus of your presentation, and where you spend most of your allotted presentation minutes!)
We recommend you practice your demo with a faculty, mentor, colleagues, or family member(s) who can provide feedback. In addition, PLEASE NOTE: your team WILL BE REQUIRED to attend one mandatory practice session with the Mobile App team prior to Presentation Day. This practice session will be scheduled when we contact you to schedule your Presentation Day time slot. Practice sessions take place between January 13, 2020 and January 22, 2020 in the UNM IT Building 153.
Winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony immediately following the last presentation (with a few minutes to finalize the judging) on January 24, 2020, at approximately 4:00 pm in the SUB Theater.
If you have questions or technical challenges. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email and your question can be answered, clarified or forwarded to a subject matter expert for follow up.